Mobily newly launched eSIM, the digital embedded SIM that provides the convenience of having two or more phone numbers on a single phone without the need for the physical SIM.
What is the eSIM ? How’s it different from a physical SIM?
eSIM is an embedded digital SIM that allows you to have several mobile numbers on your phone without having to use a physical SIM.
A physical SIM is something you can hold and remove from your device. When your device supports an eSIM, this means:
• The SIM is already embedded into the device.
• It’s ready to be activated by the operator who support eSIM
• You may add multiple profiles or mobile numbers which can be used one at a time, depending on the device.
How To Activate
To begin using your Mobily e-SIM and activate your line on your device which has an embedded SIM card, please visit Mobily eShop or any Mobily outlet following the below instructions:
1. You can subscribe to any postpaid or prepaid package on eSIM. Also, you can move your current number and package from the traditional physical SIM to eSIM (SIM Swap).
2. Get the QR code – this code can either be printed by a sales agent or it can be provided as a preprinted voucher.
3. Make sure that your device is connected to a WiFi network.
4. For iPhone: Go to Settings > Cellular. Then, tap “Add cellular plan” option.
5. For Samsung: Go to Settings > Connections > SIM Card Manager > Add mobile Plan.
6. Scan the QR code by using the camera on your device.
7. Your device will start an online session to download the eSIM profile.
8. Please don’t switch off the WiFi connectivity till the process is completed.
9. Once the e-SIM profile download is completed, your e-SIM device will be registered to Mobily network.
1. How can I subscribe to eSIM?
You can get a new Mobily number as eSIM or replace your existing physical SIM with an eSIM (if your device supports eSIM) by visiting Mobily outlet or you can request an eSIM from Mobily eShop. No extra charges will be applied during the promotion period.
2. How many eSIM profiles can I have on my device?
More than 3 for sure, but the limit is unknown. However, this is a phone memory feature. We recommend that you check the user guide of your device as it may vary from one device to another.
Noting that only one eSIM can be connected to the network at a time.
3. Which devices are in the market that support eSIM?
|iPhone 12, 12 Pro, 12 Pro Max, 12 Mini*
||iPad Pro 11‑inch (1st generation)
||Samsung Galaxy Note 20 FE 5g
||Samsung Galaxy Fold
||iPad Air (4th generation)
||Samsung Galaxy Note 20 FE
|iPhone 11, 11 Pro, 11 Pro Max*
||iPad Air (3rd generation)
||Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra, Ultra 5g
||Google Pixel 5
|iPhone XS, XS Max*
||iPad (8th generation)
||Samsung Note 20+
||Google Pixel 4a
||iPad (7th generation)
||Samsung Fold LTE model
||Google Pixel 4
|iPad Pro 12.9‑inch (4th generation)
||iPad mini (5th generation)
||Samsung Galaxy Z Flip
||Google Pixel 3 & 3XL ( Limited support )
|iPad Pro 12.9‑inch (3rd generation)
||Samsung Galaxy S21+ 5G
||Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G
||Google Pixel 2
|iPad Pro 11‑inch (2nd generation)
||Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G
||Windows 10 PCs
||Microsoft Surface Duo
|Samsung Galaxy S20, s20+ and S20 Ultra
(Single SIM Nano-SIM and/or eSIM models )
|Huawei P40 and P40 Pro
4. Do I have to subscribe to a certain package to activate eSIM?
No, you can subscribe to any postpaid or prepaid package on eSIM (Voice or Data). As well, you can move your current number and package from the traditional physical SIM to eSIM (SIM Swap).
5. Can I add lines from different carriers/operators on one eSIM?
You can add lines from two different carriers, if your phone is unlocked. However, terms and conditions of the number of prepaid & postpaid lines under one ID are applied.
6. Will all my current services work if I replaced my physical SIM with the eSIM?
Yes, all your existing services and tariffs will exist on your new eSIM.
7. Can I still use the physical SIM after I activated my eSIM? Is it safe to throw it away?
Once your eSIM is activated, your physical SIM for the same number will be deactivated. You can safely discard it.
8. Can eSIM be activated on the eSIM-enabled Apple Watch available currently in the market?
Activating eSIM on Apple watch that is currently in the market is not available at this time as it requires its own settings and is going to be announced as soon as it is ready.
9. What if I want to cancel my eSIM and return to the physical SIM? Is this possible?
Yes, you can always replace your eSIM with the traditional physical SIM, by visiting any Mobily outlet.
10. What do I need to do if I want to replace my eSIM device with another eSIM supported device?
You need to visit Mobily outlet to get a new QR code for the same number after deleting the eSIM profile from the old phone.
11. What do I need to do if I lose my QR Code?
It’s OK If you lose your QR Code, no one can use it as this QR code will be linked to work with your number only during the activation process at the outlet.
12. Can I subscribe to the eSIM on top of my existing Multi SIM service?
If you are an existing Multi SIM user, you can replace any of your physical SIM with the eSIM or to activate a new multi SIM as eSIM within your allowed limit of multi SIMs.
13. Will my eSIM work while roaming?
Yes, it will.
14. Is it possible to reuse the same QR code on another device?
No, the QR code cannot be used on another device if the original code was activated on a device. However, the same QR code can be reused only on the same device if the eSIM profile for this code is deleted from the phone.
15. How I can erase the eSIM profile?
If you want to Delete your eSIM profile from the device:
You can remove it from your phone settings, but it will still be activated under your account.
If you want to deactivate your eSIM line your account:
you need to contact Mobily’s customer care as removing the eSIM profile from your phone doesn’t mean that the line is deactivated.